Fixing Sonny's feet, From Foundered to Fixed



Fixing Sonny's Feet, From Foundered to Fixed



Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Updated trim

What a difference a few days makes!

It's only been 5days since I trimmed him & I have done more today on the fronts.
After talking with Cas I have lowerred his heels a little. The frogs are proud of the sole now but will flatten in a day which will make him  a little sore. I need to repeat the process again maybe in another 4-5days.

There is a lot of heel growing now. Well I mean the heel butress leathery stuff is again turning into heel horn which can be rasped down to the right height progressively.

Here are some shots I took today after rasping the heels. The low angle of the sun makes the shots easy to see well.

ProvideIt Supplement

Also more of the ProvideIt supplement has arrived so he will be back on it tomorrow. It will be interesting to be able to compare the quality of the hoof growth during the 3wks without the supplement. All the heel horn & quarters horn is new hoof grown with the ProvideIt supplement. What is still the toe area was grown using Kohnke's Supplement.

When I was taking these few photos the sun was shining in at that low angle from behind him & I could see the horn on the quarters was translucent.




No comments:

Post a Comment