Fixing Sonny's feet, From Foundered to Fixed



Fixing Sonny's Feet, From Foundered to Fixed



Thursday, October 4, 2012

Photos again! woohoo!


 
Finally I have a camera to take photos again although I’m struggling to get a handle on the settings!

 The big thing this week is the new heel positions growing in again on the fronts. However it’s very slow because his feet are still not growing after winter.
 
He was a bit tender footed for a few days after this latest trim which I did last Sunday (5days ago). Today (Thursday) I tidied them up & ran over the soles with the dremel to clean them up for the photos. I also rasped more off the toes. If I used the 3rds measurement method the toes should be back even more but I’m not sure enough to do it because one toe looks a bit short now. And yes the toes aren't quite at the right angle. It was getting dark & my back was hurting so I couldn't bend forward enough to get the correct angle on the rasp. I'll dress them again in a few days.

 Last Friday afternoon I walked Sonny along the old highway bitumen road about 700m & back again at a good pace. He had front boots on. He wouldn’t get any sort of constant walking like that in the paddock let alone on the abrasive hard bitumen. I haven’t walked him since due to him being sore following the trim on Sunday. I will walk him again tomorrow as he shouldn’t be sore anymore by then hopefully.

 I’m still doing ground work with him most afternoons which he generally enjoys.
 
Here are a few photos with the rest at this link:- http://photobucket.com/oct2012Sonnysfeet
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment